[sword-devel] OpenSource Setup

Derek Neighbors sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 20:24:01 -0700

Troy,

We have begun our own project recently and created an entire framework for
the web site that is completely manageable..  Packages and modules are all
dynamic.  It has Bonsai, CVSWeb, RoadMaps Developer lists etc...

We would be glad to setup free of charge on your system a similar site.  We
still have a lot of work to do on it as our project is just starting. So the
site is not complete, but it would definitely be a good start.

(http://www.projectsanity.org)

We can also readily provide forum software as well if desired.  It is all
PHP of course.  I think we could show you a few CVS tricks that would allow
automatic emails of all CVS checkins to appropriate developer lists.
Mailman is an excellent mail list server as it handles administration so
easily.

We would still love an interview with you for geeks4christ, and since we are
local I am sure we could do lunch and then tackle doing the server setup for
bonsai, cvsweb, bugzilla and whatever else if you dont want to give server
access. :)

Let me know when you want to start knocking this stuff out. :)  We are at
your disposal.

In Him,

Derek Neighbors
DFC, Inc.