[sword-devel] Projects discussion document

sword-devel@crosswire.org sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 10:27:14 -0600 (CST)

Daniel,

> Web site and mailing lists
> 	Bug tracker

  I would definitely suggest using Bugzilla here.  They have made it much
easier to configure and setup.  If you would like I can set up a bugzilla
server at bugzilla.crosswire.org if you want to reroute the subdomain.

CVS browser

  I would recommend both cvsWeb and Bonsai. Bonasi will allow you to have
CVS blame capabilities which is great for remote multi programmer
development.  same goes for both of these as for bugzilla.

  > 	automatic source snapshots

There are plenty of Perl scripts to automate this from CVS.
> 	List of current projects and leaders
> 	cvs notification list

There is an easy Perl script to allow email to all developers on each CVS
checkin.

Having items like these and a good structured web site make for a
successful open source project.  I think Sword is plenty successful
already but these additions could greatly advance the development.

-Derek Neighbors