[sword-devel] Version info for modules

Torsten Uhlmann sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 1 Jan 2000 10:36:46 +0100

Hi,

greetings from Germany. We experienced no trouble going into the new year.
Let this be a year where our lord and saviour can show his light thru us!

I wonder if there is a way to get a version information off of a packaged module (from the installed and the one in a remote repository). When writing an InstallManager it would be neat to tell people: Hey, you have this modules installed (your version), but a newer one is available (version). Do you want to update?
That would make it easier for people to keep track with the version of modules.
Maybe this already exists. One of our programmers wants to write an Install Manager for BibleTime. I pointed him to the GTK sources in CVS but this info might be of value for him, too.

God bless you!

kind regards,
Torsten Uhlmann
TUhlmann@debis.com