[sword-devel] Testing the ISO image

Thu, 17 Feb 2000 12:52:51 -0700

> Thanks!
>
> Now I can execute the setup script- and see another problem arising:
>
> ./setup.sh: line 35: 14368 memory access error  "$setup" $*
> The setup program seems to have failed on x86/glibc-2.1
>
> Please contact Loki Technical Support at support@lokigames.com

Ugh,  OK.  could you try (from the base directory) to execute:

setup.data/bin/x86/glibc-2.1/setup.gtk

I'm wondering if it's a shared library mismatch problem.  you could also
execute this file with gdb:

gdb setup.data/bin/x86/glibc-2.1/setup.gtk

send me the output from the 'bt' command after the crash.

This is a real bummer.  I would like to compile the setup.gtk program
statically, but when I add the -static directive to the compiler, I get
all kinds of unresolved symbols.  Maybe someone else could try checking
out the setup module from CVS and get it compiled statically.  This
would be a much safer solution.