[sword-devel] loki setup

Sat, 05 Feb 2000 18:11:25 -0700

Loki's setup tool with patches has been imported into cvs.
same sword CVSROOT; module name is 'setup':

cvs checkout setup

additions to base tool include:

1) the XFont install option is still there, yet unproved.  I would like
to make the installer check for <xfonts></xfonts> during the ui
presentation and, if any are present, ask the user which XFontPath entry
into which they would like to install.  Currently they are installed
blindly into the 'last' entry.

2) I've added a path="/deviant/path/" option to option components.  This
allows an install developer to place components like:

        <files path="/usr/lib">
                libbase.tar.gz
        </files>
        <files path="/usr/share">
                sharebase.tar.gz
        </files>

When all other components still install into the user's selected
directory, these 'deviant' entries will install to the set locations.

The gtk_ui checks write permission for these paths if the option is
selected before enabling install.