[sword-devel] GBF reference code

Michael Paul Johnson sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 14:06:06 -0600

The Delphi code I use to convert GBF to assorted other formats (HTML, plain ASCII, RTF, LaTeX, etc.) is at ftp://ebible.org/pub/new/gbfsrc.zip, if you are interested. You may use it under the terms of the Gnu Public License, if you like. If you would like to add to it, i. e. to convert to or from ThML, feel free. :-)

Yes, Troy, using one format as a "hub" for format conversions is a good idea. That was my original intention for GBF. Eventually, I believe we will see a better "hub" format that is based on XML and Unicode. (I just talked with Mike Perez of the ABS about that, and it sounds like we would do well to keep track of what they are doing.) In the mean time, we have GBF, and it will, no doubt, convert to and from XML, too. :-)

_______

Michael Paul Johnson
mpj@eBible.org    http://ebible.org/mpj