[sword-devel] Another Important Issue

Martin Gruner sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 21:21:22 +0200

Another feature request:

At the moment you can use sword to retrieve text (a list of words) by a key
(bible reference).
Is it possible to retrieve keys (a list of) by a word? I am not talking about
searching. I am talking about something like a concordance. This would
involve creating a file for every module that contains information about the
location of every single word in the module.
For example, if I look up "mesch", sword tells me that this word is not in
the module, but the words "mescha", "meschar", "meschelemja" ....
If I look up "meschelemja", sword will give me 3 references to where this
word occures in the bible.
Once this would be implemented, searches for a single word would be speeded
up amazingly, because sword would just look them up in the concordance. You
could even perform multi word searches using this mechanism.
I do not know how realistic this is, but it is at least another (discussable)
idea.

Martin