[sword-devel] fast searching support

Thu, 17 Aug 2000 19:22:18 -0700

> Maybe I'm wrong, but at first gflances I think it's not faster than normal
> search before.

OK!!!!! I just tried what you said with commonly used words, like: is

This takes longer with the framework.  Something is strange.  My
suspision is that it is with an STL call that I'm using.  Here's a good
test:

Search for: God
Result: takes a long time with the framework

Search for: God love world
Result: fast with the framework

This is very strange as the latter search really makes 3 calls to the
framework, one for 'God', one for 'love', and one for 'world'.  It
should take much longer if the framework is slow, and should always take
much longer than the first.  My suspicion is that it much be in prepping
the results for return as the first has a much larger result set than
the second.  I'll look into it.

	Sorry for not getting this right yet.

		-Troy.