[sword-devel] DLL

Chris Marsh sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 09:36:03 +1000

I hate to appear pushy, but has this been done yet?  If not, can someone
supply instructions on how to do this and I might give it a go myself.

In Christ,

Chris Marsh

Analyst Programmer
Hansen Corporation
Ph:	(03) 9843 8438
Fax:	(03) 9843 8590

-----Original Message-----
From: scribe@crosswire.org [mailto:scribe@crosswire.org]
Sent: Wednesday, 5 July 2000 10:43
To: sword-devel@crosswire.org
Subject: Re: [sword-devel] DLL

I will build a new DLL when I get back in town.  The code for the DLL
has not been updated for quite some time.  There is a difference with
other language bindings to C++.  They need to be standard C procedural
methods.  You actually could do C++ to Delphi provided no multiple
inheritance (which we do), but other languages need a standard sig on
the methods in the DLL (no C++ manglings).  Anyway, until I get it done,
you should be able to play with a really old version on the site at:
ftp://ftp.crosswire.org/pub/sword/attic/dlls.tar.gz

I think it's dated '97, so beware.  Though, this is probably good, since
the delphi code hasn't been changed since then either :)

Hope this helps.  I actually need to do this anyway, since we seem to
have requests for a number of other language bindings.

	-Troy.

Chris Marsh wrote:

> What we need here is someone with c++ experience (not me, yet) to create
> these DLL's for us plebs used to visual tools like Delphi & VB.  I don't
> even have a c++ compiler to use and certainly don't know how to create a
DLL