[sword-devel] VB Frontend for Sword

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 10:45:40 -0700 (MST)

KDE is built on Qt, which is owned by Troll Tech (a company just slightly
less evil than MS <g>).  Qt is free on *nix systems, but on Windows, it
costs $1500 for the libraries so there probably won't every be any KDE
libraries ported to Win32, hence no BibleTime.  Cheatah might be portable,
and possibly GnomeSword since they're based on GTK+ and GNOME respectively
(I think) and I know GTK+ is ported to Win32 enough to run the GIMP.  Then
there's the wxWindows front end, which ought to be ready for compilation
on Linux or Win32 since wx is crossplatform, but I've never had any luck
w/ compiling the front end on Linux even. :)

It certainly would be nice if we could have a group developing for both
*nix and Win32 simultaneously, because the Win32 front end doesn't seem to
be luring users as much as it could be.

--Chris Little