[sword-devel] fast searching support

Trevor Jenkins sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 00:14:32 +0100

> There is a utility: sword/utilities/mkfastmod that will create the
> search framework for a module if it is supported for the module type.
>
> *** THIS IS A REFERENCE IMPLEMENTATION.  There are others much more
> capable than myself (Trevor! :) ) that could do a much better job.  This
> example should make the sword aspects of the job less mystic.

I hear you. Well my ears (or is it eyes as it's email) do but my body and
more importantly my ind don't.:-( I'm still off work because of Chronic
Fatigue Syndrome---just keeping up with the email is tiring but with the
CFS-induced brain fog I miss a lot. I've not forgotten about fast searching
within Sword and have been working on it as brain fog allows. (But my Linux
machine just died on me after long years of service so it too is suffering;
looks like a complete hardware rebuild is necessary---wish it was that easy
for me).

Keep badgering me about it because there will come a day when I recover and
can return to normality. He promised.

Regards, Trevor

British Sign Language is not inarticulate handwaving; it's a living
language. So recognise it now.

--

<>< Re: deemed!