[sword-devel] Curses Port

Peter Federighi sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 07 Aug 2000 15:20:46 +0000

    Hello.
    I was asked to subscribe to the devel list and post a message that I
originally sent to Troy Griffitts regarding a curses port.  He tells me
that someone else has already begun.  Would said person want some help?
I look forward to hearing from you.
    - Peter

===
    For some time now I have occasionally entertained the idea of
writing a Bible program for unix since the only one I knew of was a
command line KJV program.  My original thought was to write the
equivalent of the Online Bible program.  I contacted the author of the
MacOS version (I use it under Executor) but he declined to give me any
information on the formats for any of the files.
    My next thought was to reverse engineer them, when I happened across

the SWORD project.  Wow, I thought, this is great.  Then I noticed that
a GTK+ version is already in the works, but that a curses port was
wanted.
    I hereby volunteer to start one if one hasn't been started already.
    God bless you.
===