[sword-devel] bug in SWORD's bible structure representation

Pergamum sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 6 Aug 2000 23:54:12 -0500

I have to disagree... correct me if I'm wrong but the chapter/verse feature
is standard and universal in SWORD by default. So it would take extra coding
to actually remove 1:1 from Philemon. My question is: What does that issue
have to do with Salvation? Why strain at a gnat like that? So Philemon says
"1:1". I don't think it should be made a point of contention. It's called
simplifying the program. If Philemon works just fine saying 1:1, then live
with it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I think the important thing is to
continue searching for formatting and functionality glitches. I'm not
attempting to be rude or to belittle you here Solomon... however your
comment seems to merely be an attempt to mock the efforts of those that pour
their hearts into this work.

In Christ Jesus,
Pergamum

----- Original Message -----
From: J. Solomon Kostelnik <roz@one.net>
To: <sword-devel@crosswire.org>
Sent: Sunday, 06 August, 2000 16:26
Subject: RE: [sword-devel] bug in SWORD's bible structure representation

haha, a feature. :)

Well, that's odd.  The general accepted abbreviation of Philemon is Phm, not
Phil.  Who changed it? :)  And why would it think that 1:1 is unacceptable
for Philemon?  It DOES have one chapter, right? ;)  Come on!!  I think
you're stretching the "feature" bit a tad too far. :)

Solomon

Request a CDROM  1-800-333-3633