[sword-devel] WIN32RC4 available

DeMeulenaere, Darren sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 07:33:18 -0700

I am running on windows95 B, and when I tried to look at the help file I
received "HH caused an invalid page fault in module ITSS.DLL at
0137:5d48d301"  That was under the detail area, the general error read This
program (HH) has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.

I tried renaming the hh.dat file to hh.old and then went into windows help
and tried there .chm file and it worked fine, I go and try swords and it
still dies.

Darren

-----Original Message-----
From: Jerry Hastings [mailto:hastings@dancris.com]
Sent: Sunday, April 16, 2000 12:50 PM
To: sword-devel@crosswire.org; sword-devel@crosswire.org
Subject: Re: [sword-devel] WIN32RC4 available

At 12:47 PM 4/16/2000 -0700, Brook humphrey wrote:

> > http://www.helpware.net/htmlhelp/help.chm
>
>this one didn't work either

We don't have anything to do with that file. I chose it so we would have an
independent source to try. This means you have trouble with chm files from
other sources also.

There are some things you can try. Go to the windows folder and either
delete or rename hh.dat to hh.old. Windows will rebuild the file when it
needs it and that will clean out bad data in that file. If that didn't help
you can try to reinstall hhctrl.ocx. Some errors are fixed by reinstalling
hhctrl.ocx in the windows/system folder.

Jerry