[sword-devel] new WIN32 binary

Mon, 10 Apr 2000 16:36:49 -0700

rc1 binary for WIN32 is available on the alpha page:

http://www.crosswire.org/sword/ALPHAcckswwlkrfre22034820285912/alpha/sword.exe

Just replace your current sword.exe with this one to test.

Jerry,
	I've changed the help menu choice to look for ./help/sword.chm instead
of ./help/index.html
If get a chance, would you drop your latest help file in this directory
to see if it launches correctly.

Please report problems / comments about:
	o Initial sizes and resizing of windows.
	o Search Custom Range feature
	o Overall stability
	o Search speeds with custom ranges.
		Some optimization was taken out, but I believe speeds
		should still be comparable.  I get about 8 secs on a
		multiword search of the KJV for "God love world" on
		VMWare 2.0 running Windows 98 on a Redhat 6.2 linux
		Pentium 600 box.  I get about 4 secs
		on a New Testament search of the same.  It should be
		about 3 seconds, I would guess from the ratio of text
		that should be skipped.  We can do another optimization
		pass once everything is working well.

Thanks for your patience!

		-Troy.