[sword-devel] Important: InstallMgr

Sat, 08 Apr 2000 15:41:12 -0700

> Now I figured why the InstallMgr won't run on my system!
>
> I installed the SWORD library of the CD Darwin sent me and the InstallMgr worked!
> I figured out that the library SWORD version 1.5 isn't binary compatible to 1.4x .
> I deinstalled 1.4x and it crashed again.
>
> Please link the InstallMgr statically to the SWORD library so every user
> is able to run it even later with another installed SWORD versioon!

Great news!  Yes.  I have a statically linked InstallMgr that I had
considered including, but it was very large: 10+megs.  I believe that
I'm linking EVERYTHING statically-- even libc.  How did you get some of
these libs for static bibletime to be left dynamic?  I'm using the
-static flag.

> BTW, I made BIbleTime static. It does now only require
>         -libc.so.6
>         -libm.so.6
>         -libX11.so.6
>         -libXext.so.6
>         -libz.so.1
>         -/lib/ld-linux.so.2
> The KDE, JPEG, TIFF, PNG and QT libraries are statically linked!
> Result: Should run on every with installed libc6. It solved the stupid libjpeg 6.2/6.0/6.2b
> problems and doesn't depend on KDE or QT.
>
> It 4MB fat. Packed 2 MB. I'll upload it to the bibletime page and Darwin will put it into the SWORD directories.
>
> A test installation of the package worked.

Great!!! Thanks for all the work!!!