[sword-devel] Important: Permission problems of unpacked files

Joachim Ansorg sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 9 Apr 2000 00:15:56 +0000

Hi!

Troy, I noticed that the permissions of unpacked files (noticed it wotking on bibletimebase.tar.gz)
are _not_ set correctly.
This should be changed before the release of the SWORD CD!

The bibletimebase.tar.gz file conains the right permissions of files, but after installing it with the installation
program they are set to something different.

For example:

-bibletimebase.tar.gz contains the following permission:
	drwxr-xr-x share/apps/bibletime:

-After setup the unpacked files have different permissions:
	drwxr-x--- share/apps/bibletime:

That's why I'm unable to change into directories etc.
Result of this problem: Icons can't be displayed, tipdatabse isn't found etc.
->strange behaviour of BIbleTime

Does somebody know what's causing this ?

Thanks!

-- Joachim
BibleTime - the bible study program for KDE
http://www.bibletime.de/
info@bibletime.de