[sword-devel] Re: SWORD Automake/Autoconf

Mon, 29 Nov 1999 13:06:43 -0700

Patrick,
	Yes.  We have a fairly extensive directory structure which makes it
difficult to use auto[make|conf].  I'm fairly pleased with our make
system as it works and is easily maintainable when adding new files to
the tree, etc.  There have been attempts in the past to create configure
support but to the end of placing all the .cpp and .c files in one
directory and include file with them.  I don't wish to resort to this.
I don't know much about autoconf/automake, but it seems to me that since
we only have about 5 configurable properties located in Makefile.cfg in
the top level of the tree, a configure script to modify a similar type
file at the top level that the others include would be the easiest first
step.  Not sure.  I'm sure you have much more insight into the matter.

	I see that you have joined the dev list.  I will forward this and we
can continue the thread there.

	Thanks again for your interest and willingness to help.

	-Troy.