[sword-devel] New Download JSP

Sun, 07 Nov 1999 19:38:19 -0700

Ok, I have added functionality to the new download jsp to allow
downloading of zip file.  I had to set the mime type in the servlet that
I use to "application/zip" to make the browser think it should download
instead of display.

	http://www.crosswire.org/sword/download2/

I would really appreciate some test reports of this in different
browsers on different platforms.  Speed feedback is good too.  I think
the zip stream should keep up with the bandwith, but it's good to hear
from you if it does.

The servlet builds and streams the zip data on the fly, so no temp .zip
files are create.  It pulls straight from the module repository
/pub/sword/raw, so this will ensure the absolute latest files.

If anyone is interested in the source, let me know and I'll post it.

Please let me know if this does or doesn't work in your environment or
if anyone has any suggestions.  I really want this to be "module
developer" AND "user" friendly.

	Thanks all,
		-Troy.