[sword-devel] Mac version

Trevor Jenkins sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 10:12:09 +0000

On Wednesday, 22 December, 1999 17:10:37, Uwe Koloska
<koloska@Rcs1.urz.tu-dresden.de> wrote:

> You wrote on Mit, 22 Dez 1999:
>>Is there any chance you (or anyone else around) have a development
>>environment on mac and could try things out?
>
> Is there a free development environment available?  I have a Mac but no
> Compiler ...

I haven't looked recently (over two years) but Apple did at one time make
its compiler available for free. However, you have to be prepared for a huge
download (35Mb ISTR). Their environment isn't much of an environment
compared to MetroWerks CodeWarrior IDE. The only advantage I can see of
using the Apple tools is that they process make files out of the box (CW has
its own mechanisms with no make to CW tool). Compiler output is compatible
as object modules but the code quality is far better from CodeWarrior.

There's one big advantage with CodeWarrior in that you can cross-compiler
(Mac code on Windows and Windows code on Mac). Used to be that you got both
sets of tools when you bought the product but now you have to get two of
them.

Regards, Trevor

British Sign Language is not inarticulate handwaving; it's a living
language. So recognise it now.

--

<>< Re: deemed!