[sword-devel] Copyright Scripture distribution

steven sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 21:13:34 -0800

Greetings, grace, mercy and peace! I have been
lurking and reading for quite some time. I have
even occasionally posted, but not in an aweful
long time.

I would just like to pass on that another project with
similar intent is now back up and soliciting interest
online. I would encourage anyone here who has a moment
to go take a look and consider whether these two types
of projects might complement eachother, and thus even
help further the goals of each synergistically... (?)

The name of the project I am referring to is the:

Electronic New Testament Manuscript Project
http://www.entmp.org/ headed up by James Tauber.

I once wrote James referring him to www.crosswire.org
but have never received a reply (that was probably
over a year ago); but I also know from his work that
he can be incredibly busy...

Since I am not a programmer, it is hard for me to
assess as to whether these two projects may be comple-
mentary. I just know that what James is trying to do
is translate original greek into xml/sgml so that it
can be made available to more people. Could someone
with more understanding of building the software
interface possibly take a look and comment please?

Thanks so much for all that everyone here does. I
count it a true blessing to be able to both read and
pray for this project and those that serve on it.

Steven
--
http://www.poiema.org