[sword-devel] Copyright Scripture distribution

Birger Langkjer sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 11 Dec 1999 15:50:02 +0100

Den lør, 11 dec 1999 08:06:00 Joel Mawhorter skrev:

..

> If you are able to get permission to use/distribute this Turkish NT please let
> me know! I would like to make a Unicode version. The limitation with SWORD
> right now is that in order to use many translations with non-latin character
> sets you have to encode them in one of the many different encoding "standards"
> and then use an X server or Windows version designed/patched for that encoding
> scheme. Any chance of Unicode support in SWORD, Troy?

Turkish uses latin letters since Kemal Ataturk. I believe it is ISO-8859-1
In other words the problem is not so big here, but Unicode may be usefull for other modules like greek extended, chinese and a host of other non-european languages and multiligual documents, see for example
http://members.xoom.com/langkjer/teaching.xml

Med venlig hilsen/Best regards
Birger Langkjer
http://members.xoom.com/langkjer