[sword-devel] download page and locked about

Thu, 09 Dec 1999 02:26:00 -0700

OK, there is a redone download page.  This one checks the latest date of
all files involved in building the module and then compares that to a
local copy of the .zip.  If the zip is found to be out of date or does
not exist, it is rebuild.  Once a valid .zip is on the server, the user
is redirected to download this file.

This should fix things, including unique, sensible filenames, and
filesizes, and should be much more efficient than building the zip every
download.

These 'temp' files are actually built to /pub/sword/modules/[raw][win]
so a user may download via ftp (once each module is attempted once from
http to create all the modules-- though this shouldn't take long).

There is a link in the download section: About Locked Modules, to
hopefully lessen the support messages about this.

The FAQs is a really good idea.  I will investigate into automating this
with one of the tools mentioned or otherwise.

	Thanks for all the involvement by everyone lately!  I'm gonna go on
vacation :)

		-Troy.