[sword-devel] Bibletime and fonts

Joel Mawhorter sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 13:09:53 -0800

On Wed, 08 Dec 1999, you wrote:
> That's AWESOME about the chinese glory union bible!  I have never gotten
> that one to work! :)  What font is he using?  I bet if I install and
> make the correct font entry in the conf file I will be able to get the
> WIN32 version working also.  Speaking of the .conf file.... Are you
> pulling the font names from there, initially, or do you always look to
> your own place for these associations?
>

> 	-Troy.

I asked about this and this is the response I got:

Re: BibleTime Chinese Text
From: Jinwei Shen <shenjw@wam.umd.edu>
To: joel@uvic.ca

hi, Joel,

I got the Chinese bible text from SWORD's module download site
which is

http://www.crosswire.org/sword/download/ModDisp.jsp?modType=Bibles

I am using Bibletime in Linux, and I installed the patched X sever
which can display Chinese fonts, and some Chinese fonts. I am not sure
which languge you want to use, but the Chinese, Japanese and Korean,
etc are more difficult because they use 2 byte for one character. For
most other languges, it should be much easier to setup. From my
experience, to display non-English in bibletime, you should set up
your Linux environment which can use that languge, and it is not how
to set up bibletime.

As for MS windows, I am not sure how, but I guess it should be a
similar case.

--
Shen, Jinwei

He didn't mention what font he used. If you e-mail him to find this out, I'd be
curious to know what he says.

Joel