[sword-devel] Which texts were used to create Strongs and other works?

Michael Paul Johnson sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 07 Dec 1999 18:39:30 -0700

--=====================_128012477==_.ALT

William Palumbo asked:
>I'm looking for information about which specific texts were used to create
>various
>translations.
>
>It is my understanding that Stephens Greek text was used for the King
>James New
>Testament.  Was Stephens the sole text used in the creation of the Strongs
>Concordance?
>
>What was the text source for the Aramaic words used in Strongs?
>
>With new translations such as the WEB and the NET Bible, which texts were
>used for
>their translation?

The World English Bible uses the Majority Text for the New Testament and
the BHS for the Old Testament. The NET Bible probably uses the UBS4/NA27
for the New Testament and the BHS for the Old Testament. The NASB 1995
update uses the UBS4/NA27 Greek New Testament. The NKJV uses the Textus
Receptus, but footnotes significant variants from the MT and UBS4/NA27
("NU"). For more information, check the preface of each translation.

>Does anyone know of any good Interlinear Software packages?

_______

Michael Paul Johnson
mpj@eBible.org    http://ebible.org/mpj

--=====================_128012477==_.ALT

William Palumbo asked:<br>
specific texts were used to create various<br>
translations.<br>
It is my understanding that Stephens Greek text was used for the King
James New<br>
Testament.&nbsp; Was Stephens the sole text used in the creation of the
Strongs<br>
Concordance?<br>
What was the text source for the Aramaic words used in Strongs?<br>
With new translations such as the WEB and the NET Bible, which texts were
used for<br>
their translation?</blockquote><br>
The World English Bible uses the Majority Text for the New Testament and
the BHS for the Old Testament. The NET Bible probably uses the UBS4/NA27
for the New Testament and the BHS for the Old Testament. The NASB 1995
update uses the UBS4/NA27 Greek New Testament. The NKJV uses the Textus
Receptus, but footnotes significant variants from the MT and UBS4/NA27
(&quot;NU&quot;). For more information, check the preface of each
translation.<br>
Software packages?</blockquote><br>
Johnson&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;