[sword-devel] thml widget ?

Birger Langkjer sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 20:55:44 +0100

Den tir, 07 dec 1999 05:53:45 Chris Little skrev:

> > I've found some errors in the danish bible module and fixed them, they
> were mostly errors from scanning and I have a copy of the original, so it's
> alright. However the verses are no longer right, so I figured I must rebuild
> the *.vvs file or modify the original file that the sword module was build
> from. Do you know how I can do this? I want to help out with this,
> especially since I want to use it myself ;-)
> >
> > I tried asking Troi and on the list but I didn't get an answer yet.
>
> There is actually no easy way to reindex Bibles since there are no indexers
> that will take the format that the modules are stored in as an input format.
> (Commentary and LD modules are a different case since they remain in the
> format that their respective indexers expect.)
>
> The best way to reindex, that I can think of, is to print out the entire
> text using my commandline frontend from
> http://www.gotjesus.org/diatheke/diatheke-2.0.tar.gz .  The command would be
> something like "diatheke -b Dan Gen1:1-Rev22:21".  Then use the rawtxidx
> indexer, whose source is in the ~sword/src/modules/texts/rawtext directory
> to build a new index.  This could very likely turn up some errors though in
> the indexing because I'm not entirely certain of the format that rawtxidx
> requires.
>
> If you don't feel like going through all that, you could email me a patch
> file of your ot & nt files (or the whole module if you prefer) and I can get
> a new version of the Danish Bible module indexed and put on the SWORD site
> fairly quickly.

That would be excellent, do you prefer diff -u or normal diff ?

If indexing is so complicated and easy to break, thml is probably the way to go.
Maybe we should instead take the copy of the danish bible from Project Gutenberg
http://www.prairienet.org/pg/etext00/
and convert it to thml. I've done some proofreading on this text before so it
should be in better condition than Sword's precent version. Project Runeberg has
made a html version of it so maybe I can ask them if I can borrow their script
or whatever they used. Or perhaps it would be easier to convert their version
http://www.lysator.liu.se/runeberg/dkbibel/

Med venlig hilsen/Best regards
Birger Langkjer
http://members.xoom.com/langkjer