[osis-core] another date format question

Steven J. DeRose sderose at acm.org
Thu Nov 11 12:20:38 MST 2004

At 14:16 -0500 2004-11-02, Patrick Durusau wrote:
>Greetings!
>
>On enumerating traditional times, ex.
>
>yearly.06.04T~(Vespers)
>
>Should we require the parens? (Todd's question actually)
>
>In other words, the form above or:
>
>~Vespers (or any of the other enumerated times?
>
>Of course, then the question is do we require the '~' which
>indicates approximate time. I don't know but suspect some people
>don't consider the named times to be approximate.

It does seem kinda ugly with all that puctuation, doesn't it?

Any principled reason not to tear it down to TVespers or Tvespers or
possibly T.vespers (though the last one seems inconsistent since
numeric times don't get a dot after the "T")?

Steve DeRose -- http://www.derose.net
Chair, Bible Technologies Group -- http://www.bibletechnologies.net
Email: sderose at acm.org  or  steve at derose.net