[osis-core] 4 issues

Sat, 31 Jan 2004 17:24:08 -0600

Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
>> Rational:
>>
>> <w morph="robinson:N-NSM">
>>
>> "I'm a WORD who's MORPH is a ROBINSON value N-NSM"
>>
>> <seg type="x-occurance:157">
>>
>> "I'm a SEG who's TYPE is a OCCURANCE value 157
>

> This logic is flawed.  My apologies:
>
> in the first, MORPH = N-NSM further articulated with ROBINSON
> in the second, TYPE <> 157
>
> But Chris tells me that you have decide to recommend:
>
> <num value="157" type="cardinal" subType="x-occurrence">This word occurs
> one hundred and fifty seven time in the New Testament</num>
>

> I feel this is flawed in another way:
>
> "This word occurs..." <> Num

Right.  I was imprecise in my example, which just included "blah blah
blah" as content.  The correct markup would be something like:

<seg type="x-ntOccurrenceCount">This word occurs <num value="157"
type="cardinal" subType="x-occurrence">one hundred and fifty seven</num>
times in the New Testament</seg>

I have no comments on the rest of your mail--just wanted to clarify what
I had told you in chat.

--Chris