[osis-core] User manual bug list - 66 Parameters for extended syntax confilct in rules

Mon, 16 Feb 2004 13:25:14 -0700

>66. Parameters for extended syntax conflict in rules
>Section 15.1 &Section 22.3: Are the parameters placed in (), [] or {}?
Or >any of the above as long as they match. The rules in 15.1 and the
examples >in 22.3 don't agree. Submitted by: Jim Schaad,
jimsch@nwlink.com

Resolution:
I don't believe there is a conflict in the rules.

We may need to add an example text with Prov.26.12!b as an osisID to
clarify the issue.

A "!" may only be used (is only valid) if there is an osisID with a
value that includes the entire string including (osisID="Prov.26.12!b").

In contrast the grain may be used to extend specified osisID values.

Todd