[osis-core] annotate (of various kinds)

Tue, 23 Sep 2003 10:07:00 -0400

Guys,

Just to make sure we are all on the same page (1.9 due out tomorrow) I
am working through the entire schema as Steve and I work on the users
manual.

Global (with and witout type) has:

annotateRef, annotateWork and annotateType attributes defined as follows:

1. annotateRef:

type = annotateRefType

annotateRefType:

<xs:simpleType name="annotateRefType">
	<xs:list itemType="osisRefType"/>
</xs:simpleType>

osisRefType:

<xs:simpleType name="osisRefType">
		<xs:restriction base="xs:string">
<xs:pattern value="<snip>a very ugly regex</snip>"/>
		</xs:restriction>
	</xs:simpleType>

Thus a pointer to what is being annotated.

2. annotateWork:

type = xs:string

3. annotateType:

type = annotationType

annotationType:

<xs:simpleType name="annotationType">
		<xs:union memberTypes="osisAnnotation attributeExtension"/>
</xs:simpleType>

osisAnnotation:

<xs:simpleType name="osisAnnotation">
		<xs:restriction base="xs:string">
			<xs:enumeration value="commentary"/>
			<xs:enumeration value="exposition"/>
			<xs:enumeration value="meditation"/>
			<xs:enumeration value="outline"/>
			<xs:enumeration value="poeticRendering"/>
			<xs:enumeration value="rebuttal"/>
			<xs:enumeration value="sermon"/>
			<xs:enumeration value="studyGuide"/>
			<xs:enumeration value="translation"/>
		</xs:restriction>
</xs:simpleType>

Question: Isn't "poeticRendering" a typo here? Understand the others to
be loosely related but that looks out of place.

Comments?

Hope everyone is having a great day!