[osis-core] Date problems....

Fri, 5 Sep 2003 01:43:19 -0700 (MST)

Steve,

> Did we decide on actual names for the (was it 3?) systems we came up
> with?

I don't think we got quite as far as to actually name the systems.
Harry's email to osis-core of 8-29 lists some of the different systems
that were identified.

> What names do we use for days of the week? English? Numbers 0-6 or 1-7
> (starting on which day?) Spelled out or abbreviated?

ISO 8601:2000 says to use 1-7, starting on Monday.

On a related topic, it seems ISO 8601:2000 does identify a manner of
signifying BCE dates, namely negative year values, as we agreed upon.
However, this won't work for us after all because '-' is a character
reserved for ranges in osisRefs and therefore not allowed in osisIDs.  We
could pick a letter or use '_' to replace the '-'.

--Chris