[osis-core] No 1.9.9 today

Sun, 19 Oct 2003 20:56:13 -0400

Guys,

Sorry but I was just not able to bring all the issues to closer and/or
to reach everyone today. Will shoot for the 1.9.9 release tomorrow night.

Summary of where we are at the moment:

1. The new regex for lemma, etc.

Seems that if the work prefix is optional, no serious opposition.

Problem with making it XML lists, however. Chris opposes and I did
discover tonight a POS analysis in Hebrew that does use spaces. Think we
need a more comprehensive survey of practice, even if we do use the
extension mechanism Chris liked for 3.0.

Would the work prefix: (optional) plus a pipe "|" delimited string be
acceptable? Realize that our old specification was using the "|" by
convention only. I think we need to constrain it to the "|" as separator.

2. xml:lang (I think we are all happy but must review the posts in detail)

3. Troy would really like to see a new milestonePt type that allows him
to avoid saying "x-parabreak." I think I understand the arguments on
both sides and if he is going to say: "x-parabreak" anyway, I am
inclined to concede on this point. Realize all the inconsistent markup
issues but think it would be better to allow a standard way of being
inconsistent than all sort of "x-" stuff.

4. Troy also would like to do so something for what we have been calling
OTCites but are actually paraphrases of OT material in the NT. At this
stage I am reluctant to add a new content model, particularly since TEI
dealt with this with essentially standoff attachment. I do think it is a
serious issue that needs a more studied and tested solution that
available in the time remaining.

Sorry for the lack of progress today. I had to catch up on some other
projects and such. Will be back at full bore tomorrow.

Hope everyone is having a great day!