[osis-core] namespaces and complexTypes

Thu, 02 Oct 2003 16:13:54 -0400

Todd,

Think I have found the answer to the namespace and complexType question.

Background: Todd had a file that was valid in 1.5 but not in 1.6, unless
he used osis:osis on the outermost element.

The difference appears to be (I am working with a very bad cold today so
may be spacing on something really important) that:

> Complex types definitions are identified by their {name} and {target namespace}.

see: http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/ under, 3.4.1 The Complex Type
Definition Schema Component.

The Recommendation says in a note following that section:

> he {name} of a complex type is not ipso facto the [(local) name] of the element information items ·validated· by that definition.

So, it looks like complexType names are going to require the name space
declaration.

Anyone with some cycles should check behind me to make sure this makes
sense.

Hope everyone is having a great day!