[osis-core] New milestone use of elements

Troy A. Griffitts osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Wed, 28 May 2003 12:30:07 -0700

Patrick,
	It was simpler than what you thought, I think....

You said that you had "...add[ed] the 'mID' attribute to all the
elements that can be listed in the milestoneSE type attribute." (see
below for quote :) )

	I was just suggesting that INSTEAD of adding 'mID' to all elements that
should have it, we normalize this 'mID' attribute out into some schema
'form', I guess like whatever milestoneSE was.  And then let each
element 'get' this 'thing'...

I guess I should learn schema syntax and state my suggestion appropriately.

trying one more attempt at non-schema syntax:

class Milestoneable {
	// all docs here, including the fact that there must
	// be exactly 2 elements containing this mID value and
	// that this semantic logically has identical OSIS meaning
	// as the XML container semantic.

	allow attribute 'mID';

};

class <q> extends Milestoneable {...};
class <verse> extends Milestoneable {...};