[osis-core] Should we allow <divineName> in <catchWord>

Wed, 14 May 2003 06:12:48 -0400

Chris,

Chris Little wrote:

>On Tue, 13 May 2003, Patrick Durusau wrote:

<snip>

>I actually see a problem with not allowing <divineName> inside of
><catchWord>.  As I recall, we added <divineName> largely to indicate the
>meaning behind small caps rendering of Lord, etc.  If Lord occurs as part
>of <catchWord> text, currently it either cannot indicate that it should be
>rendered with small caps or it would need to do so through some
>non-standard method, like <seg type="divineName">, which would make
>creating generalized style-sheets more difficult.

Yes, but what do you think about duplicate search "hits" for
<divineName> in the text as well as in the <catchWord>? Offer a search
option to exclude/include <note> (the most likely place for <catchWord>
to appear)?

Will create an issues list, this one being:

Add <divineName> to <catchWord>. Reason: To capture styling for
<divineName> in <catchWord>. Use of non-standard <seg> with attribute
will complicate stylesheets, as well as lead to inconsistent encoding.

Does that capture the issue?

Hope everyone is at the start of a great day!