[osis-core] Question on footnote at Ruth.4.14,15

Thu, 8 May 2003 21:57:32 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 9 May 2003, Patrick Durusau wrote:

> 2. Use seg:
>
> <catchWord>We pray that...famous...<seg type="verse">15</seg>He
> will</catchWord>
>
> Set your stylesheet to superscript it. Still sounds like an error in the
> original to me.

As an alternative, it seems like this might be a good place to use
"<reference osisRef="Ruth.4.15">15</reference>" since it is, essentially,
a reference.

It's definitely not an error though; I've seen these in a few print &
electronic editions before.  They're used to indicate verse boundaries
within footnotes that quote across them.  By that token, I guess you could
use something like "<catchWord><seg osisRef="Ruth.4.14">We pray . . .
drop the number and insert it with a stylesheet later.  But either the
<reference> or Patrick's solution seem more intuitive.

--Chris