[osis-core] Request for OSIS "unofficial" DTD

Thu, 5 Jun 2003 22:34:22 -0600

Kirk,

I see a problem with having two official "statements" of the standard
(DTD and schema).  The danger would be that people could create
documents that are valid with respect to the DTD and not be valid with
respect to the schema.  To make things worse the XML documents created
relative to the DTD would reference the DTD and not the official schema,
which would lead to two different standards in practice.

I could make you a DTD for EVERY release of the schema using XML Spy for
your use with DTD only tools, but I think we should resist making a DTD
officially available.