[osis-core] x- usage?

Tue, 01 Jul 2003 08:22:46 -0400

Steve,

Steven J. DeRose wrote:

> On element that do *not* provide any predefined type values, should we
> still restrict users to prefixing their values with "x-", so that we
> can safely reseerve values later if we want to, and so that user
> extensions are always readily findable?

Fine by me.

Recall that elements may have attributes defined as globalWithType (has
attributes type and subtype, both as xs:string). Would your proposal
require both to have the "x-" prefix for all values?

Attributes are also defined in globalWithoutType, which allows an
element to have a defined type but it also has a subtype with xs:string.
Same question for the subtype attribute here?

Already have the simpleType "attributeExtension" so we can just set the
type/subtype attribute type to that. If later define a type of an
element, just union the enumeration with "attributeExtension."

Fairly clean and requires minimal changes.

Comments, suggestions?