[osis-core] OSIS book abbreviations

Harry Plantinga osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 10:35:45 -0400

> I think the SBL abbreviations support my position that there
> is only one
> Esther, since they only have 1 abbreviation.  And logically,

SBL abbreviations have Esth and AddEsth, which is the source
from which this thread arose.  I thought it was confusing to
call it AddEsth when the book actually contains all of Esther,
as translated from the Greek. (It might also be considered
slightly derogatory by those who don't consider chs. 11-16 to
be "additions.")

As I understand your proposal, Chris, you would delete the
AddEsth book entirely from the list of abbreviations and
only use Esth -- is that right?  Or would you identify
chapters 11..16 of Esther (Greek) with the AddEsth bookID?

-Harry