[osis-core] Experimental version (note X in name)

Harry Plantinga osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 16:32:40 -0500 (EST)

Patrick,

Are you saying that all uses of "type" are now constrained
by a list of valid types that is shared among all tags?
e.g. I can't say <date type="created"> for example?

I object!

type is one of those attributes whose types of use can't
be predicted in advance -- see, for example, <date type="Created">

I'm going to have to go through all my documents and scripts
and change type values to x-[whatever] in order to get them to
validate.

But I think it would be better if "type" were left unconstrained,
especially on <date>, <milestone>, and similar tags. I can see
why you might want to constrain it on <div>, but my preference
woudl be to leave it unconstrained even there.

-Harry