[osis-core] osisRef (finally)

Troy A. Griffitts osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Tue, 02 Jul 2002 10:37:47 -0700

>> In an age long ago, we decided to specify a default reference work and
>> schema in the header and allow overriding with something like:
>>
>> <reference work="Bible.NIV" refID="John.1.1">
>>
>> If the 'work' attribute was not present, then the default from the
>> header would be assumed.
>

> I think I am probably guilty of this more than anyone but it would be
> helpful if we all used the most recent OSIS schema element and attribute
> names (or noted "proposed" somewhere in the post) when we are discussing
> constructs. I tend to focus on the syntax and strange usages tend to
> throw me off the intended message.)
>
> To restate Troy's example:
>
> <verse osisID="John.1.1"> the osisID defaults to whatever work attribute
> is declared in osisText.

Actually, this not what I was stating.  Here's english:

All quotations taken from the KJV of the Bible, unless otherwise indicated.

<reference work="Bible.NIV" refID="John.1.1">This</reference> is how the
NIV translates John 1:1

I used old reference markup, since I was showing how we used to override
the default in the header.

[more in next message...]