[osis-core] osisCore_Candiate_1.1_003 - 9 Tricky point with default work and refSystem

Thu, 22 Aug 2002 14:42:29 -0600

Steve,

> At 11:52 AM -0600 08/21/02, Todd Tillinghast wrote:
> >
> >This is an interesting distinction between declaring that a reference
> >system is the default and declaring that a document fully supports a
> >reference system.  (Does fully support mean that all identifiers in
the
> >reference system OR that all identified elements are identified using
> >the reference system where possible?)  Also it would seem that the
> >default reference system need not be fully supported and that more
than
> >one reference system could be fully supported.  For this behavior it
> >seems that we need add an "entirellyImplementedRefSystems" attribute
> >that is a list or refSystem IDREFs to <osisText>.
> >
> >>    - use the occasional osisID from it
> >>

> For example, a commentary may include translation of some parts,
> identified using a 'normal' reference system (many authors may not
> even know there are refsys differences). Also, what about something
> like a NT+Psalms edition -- does it 'fully support' its reference
> system if it only does so for the books it includes?

So is the conclusion that we don't need an attribute that indicates that
a document supports a reference system or just that the meaning of
supporting a reference system needs to be broader?