[osis-core] OSIS work regex

Steve DeRose osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 15:23:54 -0400

At 03:12 PM -0600 08/14/02, Todd Tillinghast wrote:
>We had decided NOT to allow a leading numeral.  I believe that only in
>the recent incarnations of the schema, where we stated from scratch with
>the reg exp, have we dropped that no leading numeral requirement.

I thought we had decided in Rome to allow it again, as people seemed
to dislike not having it.

>The bigger question is will we keep the ":".  That will be much more
>painful to remove than disallowing a leading numeral.

True; we do need some reserved delimiters to separate work from ref
from grain, though; plus the range delimiter for osisRef. I think all
we have in IDs is hyphen, underscore, and dot; hyphen is obvious for
range, dot is our internal token delimiter, which only leaves _,
which is awfully useful for breaking up names. Currently we also use
[]. So is it actually feasible to make these things be IDs at this
point?

>Also I don't see a reason to not allow ideographs, etc..

I tend to agree we should allow them; presumably there's an escape
for that set in schema regexes?

--

Steve DeRose -- http://www.stg.brown.edu/~sjd
Chair, Bible Technologies Group -- http://www.bibletechnologies.net