[jsword-devel] JDK version

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Sat Jun 10 05:48:34 MST 2017

Sijo,

When Martin gives the go ahead, we can upgrade Lucene. Also appropriately respond to deprecations.

But as Martin pointed out, there’s nothing else we need to do. All of JSword is using a subset of Java 7 and Java 8.

We shouldn’t change an API merely because we can. We should try to maintain backward compatibility for current front-ends. Most of the code is behind the scenes. Not facing the front-end. But where new code is written, it is fair game.

DM