[jsword-devel] [sword-devel] Japanese Bibles in Beta and some other stuff

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Sun Aug 20 15:39:17 MST 2017

On Sun, 2017-08-20 at 22:16 +0100, Peter von Kaehne wrote:

> I would think the best solution in the interim is to make it toggled
> in
> the engine and if it is impossible to display on a particular engine
> keep it switched off and do not expose the functionality to users. If
> it renders fine everywhere then we need a new debate.

Another, seemingly acceptable way is to do what is done in several of
the texts shown here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_translations_
into_Japanese

As you can see many texts put the glosses in brackets after the Chinese
signs. I would not think this is the preferable way, but it is
certainly an option to consider for e.g. Bibledesktop.

Peter