[jsword-devel] Errors unpacking zip files on install

Martin Denham mjdenham at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 16:30:43 MST 2016

Okay, I found the error.  I overlooked the fact that sbmd.reload() would
clear my own property identifying the correct repo to download from.

Martin

On 2 February 2016 at 13:38, Martin Denham <mjdenham at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am just wondering if anybody else is experiencing this problem or if it
> is specific to Android.  I have not had time for further investigation yet.
>
> Martin
>
> On 1 February 2016 at 23:05, Martin Denham <mjdenham at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Yes I can download and extract the files manually.  I wonder if the
>> different format of the files is causing a problem.
>>
>> Which zip parameters do they use to create zips at Crosswire?
>>
>> Martin
>>
>> On 1 February 2016 at 22:44, DM Smith <dmsmith at crosswire.org> wrote:
>>
>>> I’m wondering if JSword is making some assumptions about the existence
>>> of the zip files.
>>>
>>> If you browse the zip folder for the repo do they exist? Do they have
>>> size? If you download them manually to your computer, can you unzip them?
>>>
>>> — DM
>>>
>>> On Feb 1, 2016, at 5:39 PM, Martin Denham <mjdenham at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> And Bible users are getting errors when they attempt to install any
>>> module that does not come from the Crosswire repository.  Any module I have
>>> tested from Xiphos, eBible, IBT and the And Bible repo fails with the
>>> following exception:
>>>
>>> W/*ibleHttpSwordInstaller(9059): archive is not a ZIP archive
>>> W/*ibleHttpSwordInstaller(9059): java.util.zip.ZipException: archive is
>>> not a ZIP archive
>>> W/*ibleHttpSwordInstaller(9059): at
>>> org.apache.commons.compress.archivers.zip.ZipFile.positionAtEndOfCentralDirectoryRecord(ZipFile.java:806)
>>> W/*ibleHttpSwordInstaller(9059): at
>>> org.apache.commons.compress.archivers.zip.ZipFile.positionAtCentralDirectory(ZipFile.java:736)
>>> W/*ibleHttpSwordInstaller(9059): at
>>> org.apache.commons.compress.archivers.zip.ZipFile.populateFromCentralDirectory(ZipFile.java:481)
>>> W/*ibleHttpSwordInstaller(9059): at
>>> org.apache.commons.compress.archivers.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:216)
>>> W/*ibleHttpSwordInstaller(9059): at
>>> org.apache.commons.compress.archivers.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:192)
>>> W/*ibleHttpSwordInstaller(9059): at
>>> org.apache.commons.compress.archivers.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:153)
>>> W/*ibleHttpSwordInstaller(9059): at
>>> org.crosswire.common.util.IOUtil.unpackZip(IOUtil.java:84)
>>> W/*ibleHttpSwordInstaller(9059): at
>>> org.crosswire.jsword.book.install.sword.AbstractSwordInstaller.install(AbstractSwordInstaller.java:254)
>>> W/*ibleHttpSwordInstaller(9059): at
>>> net.bible.service.download.DownloadManager$1.run(DownloadManager.java:139)
>>>

>>> Here are the modules I have tested:
>>>
>>> *Failing modules (all repos except Crosswire)*:
>>> Xiphos:
>>> LuthersShortClassics
>>> LuthersBondageOfTheWill
>>>
>>> eBible:
>>> BJR (Binumarien Bible)
>>> MWC (Are Luke)
>>>
>>> And Bible repo:
>>> JCRHoliness
>>> ESVS
>>>
>>> IBT repo:
>>> Georgian
>>>

>>> *Modules that do not fail (all from Crosswire)*:
>>> Crosswire:
>>> Common
>>> Darby