[jsword-devel] References containing canonical text

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Fri Nov 27 16:40:40 MST 2015

I’d have to look into this carefully to see why it is being dropped. I think the xslt expects references to be in a note. From memory, a reference that is not within a note is treated as inline text.

Also there is no support for non-biblical references at this time. It should recognize the work part of the reference, what’s before the colon, as the module name. We’ve never supported types of x- that were not generated by JSword. If the type of the work needs to be communicated, it probably should be something like osisRef=“Dictionary.UZDOTL:….” In the absence of that we should look to see if there is a book with those Initials and determine the type from the MetaData.

In this example the osisRef is to 2 different works. Not sure how that should work. Two lookups?

The other thing is that we have a toggle for references that merely toggles whether the reference is a link. Not sure how a reference can be to two different things.

My guess as to what is happening: It tries to parse the reference as a Bible reference, gets an exception and doesn’t show anything.

DM