[jsword-devel] Book list order has changed to name from initials

Martin Denham mjdenham at gmail.com
Thu May 22 14:26:13 MST 2014

The books are now being sorted by book.name which is not the name seen on this
screen <http://www.crosswire.org/sword/modules/ModDisp.jsp?modType=Bibles> but
is the description.  So JSword is sorting books by description.

JSword used to sort by book.initials (which confusingly is name on this
screen <http://www.crosswire.org/sword/modules/ModDisp.jsp?modType=Bibles>)
until a few weeks ago.  However, there were various changes made including
the different sort order.

Since description is random descriptive text but name encapsulates key text
which groups similar books together, could we agree to switch back to
sorting by initials?

I have a user who is quite upset over this issue and claims the order is
"complete chaos".  I could do the sorting in And Bible but I get the book
list very frequently and it would have a small affect on performance.

Martin