[jsword-devel] Fwd: [sword-devel] Tables across verse boundaries

Chris Burrell christopher at burrell.me.uk
Tue Mar 18 14:02:50 MST 2014

Yup - so I was looking at the code tonight.

I don't think the problem is quite as bad/hard to fix as you make it sound.

I think there are two types of issues
- a verse on its own not producing correct XML
- a bunch of XML together not producing well nested XML

Not sure how to solve the second, but the easy (?) solution on the second
one is to amalgamate all the raw text first before parsing it. Now that we
pass the whole passage down one more level, it shouldn't be too difficult
to do that?

On the second, there may some nice XML parsers that fix stuff up more
gracefully as well...

Chris