[jsword-devel] New versification mapping - preload mappings to prevent pauses

Chris Burrell chris at burrell.me.uk
Sat Jan 18 13:44:58 MST 2014

I think there are two things here. The versifications mappings should
probably hard-code the use RangedPassage as it's the most appropriate data
structure for reading those. Mappings will typically be single verses &
verse ranges and we want to limit the memory consumption to the minimum as
well.

On the other side, I think DM is suggesting that by setting the default
passage type to RangedPassage you may experience general speed ups on And
Bible anyway.

Chris